Looking for a clever artsy costume for this Halloween? Why not become a self portrait of everyone’s favorite tortured artist, Vincent van Gogh?
I actually got this idea from a picture on Buzzfeed and thought since I have a red-headed Vincent in the house I had to give it a try! Unfortunately, working with a boy who just wanted to go outside meant this was a rushed job, but the basic technique is still there and I hope you can see how it can be used to create other looks. (For example you could use shades of brown accented with bright orange to create a werewolf, or shades of grey and blue for an extra creepy vampire.)
For this project you will¬†need:
- face paint (I used the Tulip Body Art Neon and Black Light set)
- button-up shirt
- picture frame
I hope you find this tutorial inspiring and maybe I’ll get my red-headed (and bearded) husband to give it a try for Halloween, if so I’ll be sure to share a picture!
- How to Make Wire Ribbon Ornaments - November 3, 2014
- How to Make a Vincent van Gogh Self Portrait Costume - October 24, 2014
- How to Make a Tin Can Bat and Ghost - October 1, 2014
- How to Make Halloween Paper Plate Silhouettes - September 17, 2014
- How to Make Quick and Easy Felt Straw Flowers - September 3, 2014